Home Organization Tips - Maintain Your Results
In this category, you will find home organization tips you can use to maintain the results of your organizing efforts. You can access all categories on the Home Organization Tips page.
You may find that you can extend some of the tips listed in this category to another category. After all, they are all organizing tips! They are simply "organized" into categories they fit the best, for ease of readability.
Feel free to print this page for easy reference.
- Don’t buy new gadgets if you don’t have space to
store them. If you really want that new blender, give away or sell another item
that you don’t use to make room.
- Only subscribe magazines that you read or want
to read and have time to read. Don’t
subscribe just because it’s free. This
will reduce clutter. You will find that this is one of the most under appreciated home organization tips.
- Once done (there’s a place for everything and
everything is in its place), make sure you keep it that way. Always put things
back from where you took them.
- As you go about your daily life, if you come
across anything that is misplaced, put it in its place right away. For example
if you are looking for something and find another item that has been misplaced,
put that misplaced item back to its original location.
- Weekly maintenance. Just check and make sure
most used items are in their appropriate locations. You should be able to do
this in less than half hour. This will help you immensely in maintaining the
results of your hard work.
- Encourage others in your family to put everything back once they are done using it. If you have small children, this will teach them a habit they will be proud to have for the rest of their lives.
- When you get home from shopping, put away things in appropriate places right away.
- Don't be afraid to rearrange if something is not working for you. Sometimes we are reluctant to make changes because of the time and effort already invested. But the idea is to make everything as efficient as possible. Remember - re-arranging an already organized space is very easy.
This page will be updated with more home organization tips. So stay tuned! And don't forget to check out tips in other categories.